The School Council has an active, vital and on-going role in the Victorian Education system. Within Statewide guidelines, school councils provide local communities with the forum to determine school policy in a range of education and resource areas.
The main responsibilities of a school council are:
- representing the school community in the development of the School Charter
- determining the educational policy, goals and priorities of the school within the framework of the Charter and Statewide guidelines
- maintaining and improving the school buildings and grounds
- reporting annually to the school community and Department of School Education
- making a recommendation to the Directorate of School Education on the appointment of the school principal
- authorising the employment of non-teaching staff and any staff for short term projects
- developing the student dress code
- developing the student code of conduct as part of the School Charter
Our school council has 6 members:
2 elected parent representatives
2 elected Department of Education representatives.
2 Community representatives
Council meetings are held at the school, twice a term. Everyone interested is most welcome to attend. Elections to School Council are held in March each year if you would like to become involved.